Less than two days after arriving at the Joshua Tree Inn in Room #8, Gram Parsons was discovered unresponsive in his bedroom. Attempts to revive him failed and death was officially pronounced at 12:15 am on September 19, 1973 at Hi-Desert Memorial Hospital. Parsons was 26 years old at the time of his death and the official cause of death was an overdose of morphine and alcohol. According to Fisher in the 2005 biography Grievous Angel: An Intimate Biography of Gram Parsons, the amount of morphine consumed by Parsons would be lethal to three regular users and thus he had likely overestimated his tolerance considering his experience with opiates.
This is a very small tribute to Gram and his music. He is always in my heart. - niel
released September 1, 2015
Niel Brooks .:. Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Drums, Keys
Lisa Stubbs .:. Vocals, Guitars
all rights reserved